2000 years of london Walking Tour
Check calendar for details.
Meet outside Tower Hill underground station, next to the ‘Tower Hill Tram’ takeaway hut.
Tour finishes by the Gherkin, near to Monument Station.
Full time students and disabled visitors £12 *
* Small booking fee is added.
Embarking on a journey from Londinium to the modern day, this walk will cover a combination of famous sites and hidden delights.
We’ll start the tour at the best preserved section of our Roman Wall, discover a roman emperor and hear about London’s beginnings as a city.
From there I’ll move you swiftly through the Dark Ages and onto the arrival of William the Conqueror and his imposing Tower of London, one of the most significant structures in the entire country.
As we move forward in time, we head into altogether more macabre territory, passing the churchyard where over 300 victims of the 1665 plague were buried. I’ll talk about the devastating impact of this disease, followed by a short walk to the Monument to the 1666 Great Fire of London.
Along the way we’ll race forward in time to WW2, and see a most extraordinary church whose shell still stands as if in defiance to the aerial bombardment during the Blitz.
From here we head to the site of the roman town hall and market place, which has now been transformed into the stunning Leadenhall Market, a magical movie location for the Harry Potter movies.
And we’ll finish off in the most modern location in London, surrounded by our most iconic skyscrapers, from the Gherkin to the Cheesegrater, Lloyds Building and Scalpel. And in the midst of it all lies a 500 year old church…
- A great overview of London’s history in a 90 minute walk
- See the graveyard where over 300 plague victims were buried
- Find the spot where the Great Fire of London started
- Locate the heart of the financial district, prepare to be amazed by the iconic skyscrapers surrounding you
- Discover ancient churches and pubs and the remains of the medieval London Bridge
- Touch parts of the roman and medieval walls of London
- Exclusive group size of no more than 15 people
Available dates are in highlighted, Unavailable dates are greyed out