London's Lost City - Alleyways & Courtyards Walking Tour
See schedule for dates.
Tour starts outside Cannon Street station, Dowgate Hill entrance.
Finishes around five minutes from Monument Station.
£18 (plus small booking fee)
Join us on a unique walking tour as we take a deep dive into the ancient soul of our great city. Today the skyline is dominated by some of the most iconic high-rise buildings in England, but hidden in the dark recesses lie remains of what used to be.
From an ancient bloodthirsty temple complex to a mysterious stone linked with Arthurian legend, via dragons, gargoyles and fragments of old London Bridge, you’ll be taken back in time to witness a side of London unfamiliar to the modern sightseer.
Discover remnants of Roman, medieval and Victorian London, sumptuous displays of architecture, gorgeous church ruins and a labyrinth of lanes known to Shakespeare, Pepys, Dickens centuries before.
So if you’re keen for a historical adventure in the most incredible Square Mile in the world, this is the tour for you!
- Walk along Pudding Lane, where the Great Fire of London started
- Discover what surprises lie beneath the sumptuous Leadenhall Market
- Search for the tiny Victorian street art with a macabre twist
- Find out where the medieval London Bridge is concealed
- Meander through the atmospheric alleyways of Cornhill
- Stand by the entrance to the Leaky Cauldron, and so many more secret delights!
Available dates are in highlighted, Unavailable dates are greyed out