Alleyways and Courtyards of London Tour
Selected weekday afternoons. Finishes around five minutes from Monument Station.
Great off the beaten track walk where you avoid the crowds and see London in a different light!
Tour starts outside Cannon Street station, Dowgate Hill entrance
Adults £15, U18s/students £12 (plus small booking fee)
This tour takes you along some of the narrow and winding back streets of London in the search for unusual and forgotten pieces of London’s history.
Discover a piece of the original stone London Bridge, find out which part of Roman London lies inside a barber shop, discover the location of our first coffee house and locate some atmospheric old pubs tucked away out of sight.
Many of these locations are rarely visited by Londoners, let alone tourists, and you’ll be bowled over by how magical they are. From the extraordinary Leadenhall Market, to the alleyways of Cornhill, and the bombed out remains of a church this tour will leave you keen to explore the area further.
Along the way we’ll also stand in the middle of a modern architect’s heaven – with the Gherkin, Cheesegrater, Walkie Talkie and Lloyd’s building all looming over a 16th century church. One of the greatest views in London.
If you have seen the major sites and want to dig further, and have an inquisitive eye for the unusual then this tour is for you!
- Walk along Pudding Lane, where the Great Fire of London started
- Discover what surprises lie beneath the sumptuous Leadenhall Market
- Search for the tiny Victorian street art with a macabre twist
- Find out where the medieval London Bridge is concealed
- Meander through the atmospheric alleyways of Cornhill
- Stand by the entrance to the Leaky Cauldron, and so many more secret delights!
Available dates are in highlighted, Unavailable dates are greyed out