Temple - Ghost Stations, Roman Baths & Legendary Knights
Operates on selected weekdays at 1pm from April 2020.
Tour starts outside Temple underground station
Discover the rich history of the area known as Temple, a place once synonymous with the Knights Templar and now frequented by members of the legal profession.
As we move from Westminster to the City and Temple, we will encounter mythical creatures, a giant of Fleet Street, bomb damage from the Blitz, an iconic tube station and even a Roman Bath!
Discover which church features in a nursery rhyme, which famous writer used to enjoy cold plunge pools and which king lodged in Temple Church before a key moment in British history.
This is the perfect introduction to the nooks and crannies of an area with a massive personality.
- Check out the building where Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night was performed for royalty
- Discover one of London’s few remaining cabman shelters
- Peer into London’s ‘Roman Bath’
- Find a series of mythical creatures from dragons to the pegasus
- Feel the bomb damage on the side of a building
Available dates are in highlighted, Unavailable dates are greyed out