Secret Old London Walking Tour
Selected weekdays and weekends
Meet outside Barbican Tube. Finishes at the Guildhall Yard between Bank and St Paul’s Cathedral underground stations.
Adults £15, U18s/students £12 (plus small booking fee)
Walking through the ancient streets of London, you’ll learn what lies beneath your feet, from 14th century Black Death victims to a long lost Roman Ampitheatre.
This tour takes you to some of the most atmospheric locations in London, including Smithfield – home to gruesome executions and an extraordinary late Tudor gatehouse – and ancient back streets surrounding the infamous Old Bailey and the beautiful Charterhouse Square.
You’ll be taken within the shell of a church destroyed in the Blitz, and be led into the park which displays one of the most touching memorials to heroic self-sacrifice you could possibly imagine.
The walk lasts 1.5 hours and will leave a lasting impression of a different side to London’s deep and extraordinary history.
- Walk through the graveyard of the finest medieval church in London
- See the memorial to William Wallace aka Braveheart (Mel Gibson!)
- Stand inside the shell of a church destroyed in the Blitz
- Visit London’s memorial to heroic sacrifice
- See where the Great Fire of London stopped
- Stand where Gladiators fought in London’s Roman Ampitheatre.
…And many more places, each with an incredible story to tell.
Available dates are in highlighted, Unavailable dates are greyed out